The machine shop apprentice / helper is responsible for disassembling, inspecting, and cleaning valve components and assisting with bringing them to OEM standards for re-use by customers. They perform and record key as-found measurements to play an integral role in the overall process of valve repair.
- Understand and adhere to all organizational health and safety policies and procedures and ensure the safety of self and others.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures to clean valves.
- Participates in scheduled daily Production meetings to review weekly results; discuss upcoming projects, priority jobs, safety and quality concerns, production or material issues, parts/inventory issues, etc.
- Operate washing equipment to remove rust, scale and other materials from valves and packing.
- Assist Machinists and other shop Technicians.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Sort metal sheets and parts, scrap metal and other materials
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
- Transport materials and equipment throughout the plant manually or using powered equipment.
- Load and unload vehicle.
- Read and interpret work orders sheet.
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Willingness and open-mindedness towards learning from Machinists and Technicians
- Education: Secondary (High) School Graduation Certificate
- Work Experience: Will Train
- Skills: Good coordination and mechanical skills. Attention to detail. Written and verbal communication skills. Ability to stand for long periods of time, handle heavy loads (20kg - 50lbs) and perform repetitive tasks. Ability to work in a face paced environment, under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge: Mechanical interest / aptitude.
- Full-time, Permanent
- 10-hour shift (4 days on, 3 off)
- Afternoon shift (3PM – 1AM)
- Monday to Thursday
- May require overtime.
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- RRSP contributions
- Overtime Pay
- Hourly wage increases for afternoon shift.
The above statements are intended to provide a general description of the nature and work expectations for the position. It is not a detailed or exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Expected Start Date
- Position available immediately