The machinist is responsible for repairing and rebuilding compressor and pump components using specialized equipment and machinery to shape materials or craft entirely new parts. They will be experienced in the use of manual mills, lathes, boring mill, grinders, automated CNC equipment and much more. Based on the degree of operational damage/wear, they are responsible in refurbishing components to meet or exceed OEM standards for re-use by customers. Adept in the use of precision measurement instruments, they use their experience, skills, and judgement to determine the degree of repairs and component replacements required for every project. They will review drawings, instructions, or samples to ensure accurate production. Concerned with quality, safety, and efficiency, they will have a deliberate and systematic approach in caring out each task to maximize value and minimize waste.
- Plan and organize assignments by studying work orders, drawings, components, and specifications to determine setup requirements to systematically achieve correct dimensions and tolerances of the finished workpiece.
- Set up and operate a variety of machine shop equipment including manual lathes, milling machines, boring mills, cylindrical and surface grinders and more.
- Draft and organize drawings of sample work pieces to a standard that enables repeatability.
- Complete the necessary paperwork to facilitate the required business functions.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Understand and adhere to all organizational health and safety policies and procedures and ensure the safety of self and others.
- Concerned with accuracy and thoroughness, this individual is inclined to be “hands-on” with attention to, and organization of, detail.
- Has a disciplined approach to organizing tasks, carefully following defined standards, policies, and practices.
- Has mechanical aptitude and demonstrates technical knowledge and skills in their tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to organize and carry out their own assignments individually, this person is naturally motivated to reach goals and meet schedules.
- Has a strong task focus, communicating factually and quantitatively in interactions with others.
- Willing to expand their knowledge, participate as a team player, gain skills in their craft, and provide leadership and training to apprentices.
- Has a solution-based mindset employing an analytical approach to critique information and solve problems.
- Is a cooperative individual who is receptive to others’ perspectives and has a positive attitude.
- Education: Interprovincial Red Seal Certified Machinist. CNC Machinist considered an asset.
- Work Experience: 10+ Years preferred.
- Skills: Excellent coordination and mechanical skills. Strong attention to detail. Written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in math. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and perform repetitive tasks. Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge: Rotating Equipment. Reciprocating Compressor components and pump fundamentals an asset.
- Full-time, Permanent
- 10-hour shift (4 days on, 3 off)
- Afternoon shift (3PM – 1AM)
- Monday to Thursday
- May require overtime
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- RRSP contributions
- Overtime Pay
- Hourly wage increases for afternoon shift
The above statements are intended to provide a general description of the nature and work expectations for the position. It is not a detailed or exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Expected Start Date
- Positions available immediately